Hello beautiful people!
I wanted to go back to basics in this post and have compiled a small selection of sad two-sentence short stories.
I hope you like them and are enjoying your start to the week 🙂
- They appeared like strangers on the train, standing silently beside each other and busying themselves with their phones. Unbeknownst to everyone, they had ten years of history between them.
- He walked across the stage to collect his diploma. His heart broke to see the seats that he had reserved were empty.
- Call handler answers an emergency call from her home. She cries and screams down the phone as she listens to her husband die of a stroke.
- Unclaimed suitcase is unzipped. Reveals the bodies of twin babies.
- Till death do us part, they planned. Until infidelity, they found.
- She listened to the last voicemail he left her. With tears welling up in her eyes, her finger went to press the save button. A helpless choke left her lips at the lifeless voice, “Message Deleted.”
- He was everything that I dreamed I would find in an ideal partner. But no matter how much I tried to change, I was never what he wanted.
- A teardrop from my cheek lands on a picture of your youthful eyes and laugh lines. I scoop a spoonful of shepherd’s pie for one into my mouth as I reminisce about the past 50 years we’ve spent together.
- He was covered head-to-toe in designer brands. But his parents were still unimpressed.
- Watching him fall in love with another woman was painful. But accepting that their relationship was dead was agonizing.
To read more two-sentence short stories but with a twist, you can follow me on Instagram or visit any of the following posts:
What two sentence stories can you come up with? 🙂 Let me know below!