We can all admit to appreciating small gestures of warmth and camaraderie.
It is easy to get caught up in the busyness of our lives and daily responsibilities that we sometimes need a reminder to pass on simple acts of kindness, such as, paying someone a compliment or offering a helping hand.
As we are back to mixing outdoors, I thought this post could help spark ideas on spreading joy and positivity wherever you are i.e. at the pub, shopping centre, or just walking on the street, etc.
- Offer to take a person’s, a couple or a group’s picture.
- Hold the lift to allow someone else to jump in.
- Give away a gift card that you do not intend to use.
- Send a friend or family member a thoughtful text.
- Bring in a treat to share at work.
- Leave a generous tip to a server.
- Invite someone to share a table with you in a cafe/food court.
- Participate in a fundraiser.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Buy a homeless man/woman a meal.
- Leave a good review for an employer in a customer-facing role.
- Help a person carry groceries/shopping if you see them struggling.
- Donate towels and blankets to an animal shelter.
- Make a purchase from a local business in your community.
- Give up your seat on public transport for a person that is less able/struggling to stand.
- Take and leave a bouquet to the nursing station in a hospital – they will know who needs it most.
- Write a letter to a loved one and explain how they helped shape who you are today.
- Give busy parents a day off by hiring a housekeeper or nanny.
- Take the time to offer directions to someone who looks lost.
- Help a friend move into their new home.
- Going on a trip? Bring back souvenirs.
- Volunteer at a shelter.
- Run an errand for someone else.
- Talk to a person who is looking isolated at a party.
- Learn the names of people that you see every day but have little interaction with i.e. the security guard at work, the receptionist from the gym, or your neighbour that walks their dog.
Thank you for reading this post! ♥ Showing an inch of compassion can make a significant impact on a person’s mood or self-esteem. So let’s work together to put a bright smile on a few faces! If you have more suggestions for random acts of kindness, feel free to leave a comment below 🙂
Related reading: 3 Things You Can Donate to Charity
Related reading: Items to Donate to Charity Shops