Do you enjoy crafting and making custom items for your friends and family such as candles, drawings, clothing, jewellery, etc.?
If you’ve received compliments and great feedback, then you should look at turning your fun hobby into a profitable business.
Here, you will find a guide to a few esteemed places that offer creators their own space to advertise and sell their work. Open your virtual shop and start selling your homemade goodies to anyone in the country.
Arguably one of the most popular online marketplaces, Etsy has millions of customers worldwide and a strong reputation for providing first-class products. They have over 1.7 million sellers active on their site.
To enable shop owners to reach their full potential, Etsy offers simple and powerful tools where you can manage and optimise your store. There are also seamless payment methods and a choice of two different plans: Standard and Plus.
- £0.14 Listing Fee (first item) – Listings are active for four months or until they sell.
- 5% Transaction Fee, 4% + £0.20 Payment Process Fee – Applied when you sell an item.
- 15% Offsite Ads Fee – Etsy pays to advertise your items across the web through Offsite Ads and this fee is applied only when you make a sale from one of these ads.
- No additional monthly fees.
- Automatic deposits.
|Etsy Standard||Etsy Plus|
|Free (No monthly charge)||£7.20 per month|
|*Basic Tools||Basic Tools|
|Advanced Customisable Shop Options|
|Notify Shoppers for Back in Stock Items|
|Discounts on Custom Packaging and Promotional Material|
|Your Own Web Address|
|Monthly Budget for Listings and Etsy Ads|
You can open your own online store within a matter of minutes.
Additional reading: Learn How To Sell On Etsy
From the first day that you become a partner with Not On The High Street, you will be a part of something special. It is home to 5,500+ small firms with 39 million visitors annually.
Not On the High Street holds a high standard across all of its items and the shops that they advertise, describing to “handpick and unite the UK’s best small creative businesses”. They particularly appreciate sellers that work one-on-one with customers to create bespoke and thoughtful gifts that can be treasured for a lifetime or suit an individual’s particular style.
- One-off joining fee and no charges to list products.
- Large-scale advertising programs, co-promotions with national titles and an expanding social media following.
- Mature affiliate programme.
- Participate in experimental events, hosted by NOTHS, where customers get the opportunity to see your products up close (and buy them).
- Your own web address for your shop.
To get started, simply fill out their application form regarding your company/shop and the team will get back to you as soon as possible to go over the next steps.
An ideal marketplace for passionate artists and makers, join their network of over 500+ independent sellers. Just Artisan wants to see its partnered businesses grow and flourish and takes care of the technology so creators like yourself can continue to have fun making unique products.
This platform contains a wealth of information for new and current shop owners to help make running virtual stores as smooth and straightforward as possible.
Currently, there are two pricing plans available: Just Artisan Starter Plan and Just Artisan Growth Plan.
- Free marketing such as SEO, Google Ad words, social media, and email promotions.
- Secure payments provided by PayPal or Stripe keeps all information safe, secure, and private.
- Knowledge Base – Answers common queries regarding products, shipping, promotions, and more.
- Seller protection where customers agree to your own shop’s terms and conditions.
- Friendly support team.
|Just Artisan Starter Plan||Just Artisan Growth Plan|
|Free||£3.60 per month|
|Unlimited Products||Unlimited Products|
|Unlimited Revenue||Unlimited Revenue|
|Transaction Fee: 7.5%||Transaction Fee: 4.5%|
|Vendor Microstore||Vendor Microstore|
To get started, simply choose one of their plans and then apply for a vendor account.
Additional reading: Just Artisan’s Knowledge Base
Earn some extra money or set up your new business by selling handmade crafts online with one of these websites 💸 Thank you for reading – I hope you found this blog post helpful and motivating. If either has piqued your interest or you would like to share your favourite online shop or boutique, feel free to leave a comment below! ❤