Happy Tuesday lovelies! ☀️
So, I gleefully stumbled across this treasure on JenJenreReviews and wanted to participate in the fun 🙂 If you are unfamiliar with this tag, I suggest checking out Jenny’s post – it is an awesome read! The creator of this tag is the YouTuber, tia and all the books.
Questions and Answers
1. ADAPTATION SNOB: Do you always read the book before watching the film/TV show?
Hmmm…I would have to say not always. Sometimes I watch a film or TV series, oblivious that it is an adaptation until I look at its Wikipedia page. Then I start to become interested in reading the original text and finding the differences between the two versions ✨ I love discovering new books through films or TV series.
2. FORMAT SNOB: You can only choose 1 format in which to read books for the rest of your life. Which one do you choose: physical books, eBooks, or audiobooks?
I’ve previously touched on this in my The Inside and Out Book Tag. I prefer the weight and feel of a physical novel, not to mention, I admire the front and back cover designs too. But there’s no doubt that using an ebook or audiobook is the more convenient option when performing other activities such as travelling and doing chores.
3. SHIP SNOB: Would you date or marry a non-reader?
Interesting question! While it is fun to discuss and bond over books that you’ve previously read with your partner, I don’t think it is a dealbreaker quality. Everyone has their own interests so it shouldn’t be faulted. I believe that it is more important to encourage and motivate each other’s hobbies and passions 💕
4. GENRE SNOB: You have to ditch one genre – never to be read again for the rest of your life. Which one do you ditch?
Oooh, this is a toughy! I enjoy reading all kinds of genres including fiction, fantasy, thriller, etc. 😋 However I would choose to ditch horror because it would haunt me for weeks and I can be scared quite easily!
5. UBER GENRE SNOB: You can only choose to read from one genre for the rest of your life. Which genre do you choose?
I think this would be an interesting question to ask every couple of years because I feel like our answers would constantly change or maybe it is just me? 😂 My preference has shifted from fantasy to romance to crime etc. But today, I would have to pick thriller! I love the tension and the fast pace when an event is unravelling.
6. COMMUNITY SNOB: Which genre do you think receives the most snobbery from the bookish community?
It may be a toss-up between Young Adults and Romance. Do you agree? While I have personally been reading fewer Young Adult novels these days, I do not understand why people feel the need to look down on books that fall under these genres. I think that is quite ill-mannered to ruin someone else’s enjoyment.
My Tags 🙂
I would like to tag everyone who has stopped by to read this blog post! ❤ Make sure to link back to tia and all the books (the creator) if you choose to add this tag to your blog.
Thank you for reading! If you agree or disagree with any of my answers, feel free to leave a comment below to discuss 🤗 Take care and stay safe!