Ho-ho-ho! 🎄 Make the most of the holiday season with my list of the best Christmas activities to get you into the festive spirit. Put a smile on other people’s faces by spreading some Christmas cheer – you never know, you could end up starting new seasonal traditions.
Make your day a little merrier whether you choose to incorporate all of these ideas or steal a few to continue the exciting build-up to Christmas ✨
- Make and send personal Christmas cards – This could be dressing up for a photo for the cover or dusting off the art supplies and embracing your inner Picasso.
- Bake Christmas desserts – Put on your chef’s hat and indulge in some delicious wintery treats. For example, a traditional Chocolate Yule Log, individual Mulled Wine Winter Puddings or gluten-free Espresso Panna Cotta.
- Attend a church service – Visit your local parish for a special mass on Christmas Eve for a reminder of the spiritual definition of Christmas.
- Watch holiday films – Grab a cosy blanket and laugh or cry over the best Christmas movies. If you are using Netflix, Disney+, etc., create a watch party with loved ones online via Teleparty. There’s a chat function to discuss what you are watching.
- Wear matching pyjamas – Nothing makes Christmas morning more fun and picturesque than a new set of comfy pyjamas for everyone. You will look back and smile fondly at the photos and memories.
- Donate – This is the time for giving and helping the less fortunate. There are plenty of things that you can donate to your nearest charities, churches, or shelters that others will appreciate.
- Kiss under the mistletoe – Hang mistletoe in your home and plant a kiss on your partner, kids, or pets whenever you both walk underneath it. As well as being a sign of showing affection, mistletoe is believed to bring good luck to the house.
- Play board or card games – Release your competitive streak over the dining room table. Favourites include Cards Against Humanity, Blackjack, Monopoly, or even, Dungeons and Dragons.
- Host a Christmas karaoke – Get some friends together and belt out your favourite holiday tunes.
- Video call Santa, Mrs. Clause, or one of Santa’s Elves – Surprise your little ones with a 10-minute video call. You can also request a personalised letter from Santa inviting you to the call, add a recording of the experience as a keepsake or additional time, and more.
- Open a present on Christmas Eve – This is a sweet way to make the festivities last even longer and appeases your children’s excitement until the morning.
- Set up a DIY hot cocoa bar – Chocoholics will sing at this savoury and interactive activity. Make a big batch of hot chocolate and have plenty of toppings available like marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles, crushed nuts, and let everyone go crazy.
Thank you for reading this post! ♥ What are your Christmas traditions and cherished Christmas activities? Let’s make this year even more memorable! If you have more suggestions for random holiday fun, feel free to leave a comment below! 😊