A HUGE thank you to S. G. Baker for nominating me for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. I’m very honoured to be included in your list of nominees. Everyone should go and visit her blog, Word Nerd Scribbles, it is a joyous read where she shares free flash fiction every week, book reviews bi-weekly, writing tips, author updates, and more. I found her blog a few weeks ago and it has quickly become to one of my favourites. You can follow her blog and contact with her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or support her on Patreon and Ko-Fi.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
- Provide the link of the award creator of Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award as Rising Star from https://idealinspiration.blog/
Questions Asked of Me
Here are S. G. Baker’s set questions for me to answer:
1. What do you get from blogging? In what way does blogging satisfy you?
From blogging, I’ve felt more motivated to write and try to create more creative pieces. It encouraged me to gain confidence for sharing my writing and be more daring on content. I get a kick from blogging as it has also introduced me to many other amazing blogs and writers here on WordPress who teaches their readers.
2. If you could be doing anything at all right now, what would you be doing?
After a long day of working, if I could be doing anything in the world right now (minus the pandemic and health and safety concerns), I would be on holiday with my loved ones. Together, we’ll be exploring a new city, eating exotic foods, having picnics in a park, spending time in a spa, and going out for cocktails in the evening. We would take plenty of pictures to capture the memories and I would document all of our adventures.
3. From the field of your blog’s niche, whose work would you most love to promote?
I love this question! I follow many wonderful blogs and instagrams and am always on the lookout for more, if there’s any that you recommend or want to share yours, feel free to leave a comment below.
In this post, I would like to promote this instagram: subjectively_evil. Adam writes a range of flash fiction across different genres i.e. thriller, humour, fantasy, and more. Plus his hashtags are quite amusing! Check out his page, I’m waiting for him to update it with more of his talent. Adam is currently working on a couple of exciting and page-turning novels, and follows the philosophy that the bad guys are always more interesting…he is right!
I would like to promote the blog: Bharath’s Banter. Bharath describes that he speaks his mind and writes with his heart and it shows. He writes amazing stories and posts very regularly, which screams to his creativity. When you have a moment, check out his writing.
4. What project lays dormant in your heart right now, waiting to come out when you’re ready?
For the past few years, I’ve had an idea for a teen novel and only a certain few know the plot. It is set in a dystopian world and follows this young woman who is a victim of a newly imposed law. I have drafted the first couple of chapters and still need to finish putting my ideas to paper. The majority of my writing is short form (flash fiction), however, I would love to write and finish this book one day.
On the other hand, I have another piece of fiction waiting on GoogleDocs for when I am ready to share it. It is a sequel to my previous short story, His Hands which was written almost 3 years ago.
5. What do you tell people scares you the most when you cannot tell the truth?
To my recollection, I have been asked this question once and it was by people I tell the truth too. But I would say:
- I am scared of spiders, if I see one in the house, it does stop me in my tracks and make me freeze at the initial sight and I cannot focus on anything else until it is gone.
- Losing the people I love, which I think is shared by everyone.
My Nominees 🙂
Here are my nominees for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. These talented bloggers share great content that should not go amiss.
Bharath’s Banter – Speaks his mind and writes with his heart
AshleyLillyBlog – On this blog you will find poems, artwork, stories, articles, and other writings.
New Lune – A blog full of tips, inspiration and freebies!
Lebana’s Journal – I Dare You to Figure Me Out
The Strawberry Post – Here to Entertain, Educate & Inspire!
clcouch123 – I’ll talk you’ll talk we’ll talk
inkbiotic – A mish mash of interesting words and snippets from the foolish disaster that is my life
ejreads – book reviews, thoughts, and more (:
LightWriteLife – I love light, I love to write, I love life – I create my words and images to capture the light in my life.
My Questions 🙂
For my nominees, these are the questions to answer on your blog:
- What inspired you to creating your blog and choosing your niche?
- Which blogs inspire and entertain you?
- What is the greatest lesson you’ve learnt so far?
- How would you like your life to be different (or the same) in a year?
- What piece of work are you proud of the most and which are you itching to finish?
Thank you for reading my answers!